Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Fight Against Dandruff cont. Exfoliating Sugar Scrub

I doctored Glamazini's Exfoliating Sugar Scrub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODhCKqG3gug to cater to my dry scalp.  While Glamazini's recipe is great, I had to change the recipe in order to 1.) attack my dry scalp and 2.) avoid a trip to the store to buy the Castile Soap.  Here are the ingredients I used to make my Exfoliating Sugar Scrub.

1. I replaced the Pure Castile Soap with Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV is a natural hair cleanser which fights the bacteria that causes dandruff. The acids in the ACV are natural antiseptics that also balance the pH of your hair after shampoo washes.

2. Brown Sugar & White Sugar exfoliate the scalp scrubbing away any dandruff or dead skin while stimulating the hair follicles for growth and moisture retention.

3. Honey is a natural humectant (attracts and retains moisture)

4. Olive Oil not only moisturizes but it also adds a healthy shine to the hair strands.

5. Tea Tree Oil like ACV is a natural antiseptic working to rid the scalp of dirt, build up, and itchy dry skin.
 
6. Vitamin E is a well known moisturizer that helps with growth of the hair and counters hair loss.
 
7. I also used Hollywood Beauty's Dry Scalp & Skin Therapeutic Oil which ingredient list contains Soybean Oil, Aloe Leaf Extract, Safflower Seed Oil, Cumin Seed Extract, Black Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, Lavender Extract. I picked this bottle up from CVS since the label claims the product treats Eczema and Psoriasis.


No comments: